Safety and privacy
Safety and privacy
We keep your private data private
We will do anything to keep your private data really private. When you ask for information, you don’t want any snoopers that are stealing your personal data. Of course.
We do ask for your data, so we can help you as best as possible. Which data we ask for and what we use it for, you can read here below. You can also see what your rights are, who can access your data and how long we keep track of your data.
You want to know more?
If you want to know more, for example where your data are kept or which persons have access to your data? You can do so down below.
Safety and privacy
What are the ‘juridical grounds’ in using your data?
According to the privacy laws, we have to state which ‘juridical grounds’ we have to use your data. We need your data because of the contractual agreements between you and DEX, like your purchase of a product or your right for a warranty. This is the case with:
-reserving a car
-contact with our customer support
Next to that, we can use your data with ‘legitimate interest’. That means that we want to grant all of our customers the best, most personal service. In this, we always consider your privacy. This holds up for:
-reviews and customer satisfaction enquiries
-contact with our customer support service
-visiting the DEX-websites
-your account (MyDex)
-newsletter and e-mail
-security, WiFi and cameras
We can also have a legal obligation to use your data, e.g. when we suspect fraud. And sometimes you have given us permission to use your data yourself, like when you sign up for our newsletter. We keep proper track of this.
Who has access to your data?
We only pass through your data to other parties if that is strictly necessary for our service. These parties are then involved: our payment partners, IT-services and other parties.
If appicable in realising the provided goals, the personal data of the customer will be shared with other partnerships within DEX inside the European Economical Space that is connected with DEX nv directly or indirectly through a partnership or with any other DEX-partner like our financial partners Record Credits, AlphaCredit or our other financial partners. Parties like data management platforms, media and advertisement bureaus and investigation agencies are in the picture as soon as we want to give you personal advice or show you personalised ads, for example based on your interests in certain products.
In suspicious circumstances we are obligated to share customer data with authorities.
Where are your data stored?
We store your data in different databases. We always apply strict security measures, which is why your data are almost always stored inside of the EU. In the exceptional case that customer data are tranferred to countries outside of the EU, we always make sure your privacy is protected in a fitting way. For a number of countries, this is officially determined. Some American parties have registered themselves in the Privacy Shield, which offers ample protection. Or we work with official model contracts that are drawn up especially to guarantee your privacy.
How long do we keep your data?
We do not keep and use your data any longer than necessary. Afterwards we remove all data obtained. Or we use your data anonimously, because we need certain data for internal analysis or reports, like the value of your order. How does this work in practice? We keep to certain terms, after which we remove your data. Specifically:
· Camera footage from our DEX-stores are kept no longer than 4 weeks. Unless we spot anything suspicious that requires further investigation or when the images need to be kept longer due to another legal obligation.
· Inactive client accounts are removed after 10 years. After that period we only use your data anonimously, for internal reports.
· The Department of Finances requires us to keep our administration with your billing, payment and order data for 10 years. After that period we only use your data anonimously, for internal reports. You need to keep track of your purchase and billing info too, for example in case your warranty expires.
· In case of a reparation or replacement of your product by DEX, we keep track of your notification and contact data for 10 years. After that period we only use your data anonimously, for internal reports.
· If you have registered for our newsletter or have consented to receiving personalised messages, we will keep that permission for a lifetime. Even when you decide at a certain moment you do not wish to continue receiving the newsletter or personalised messages, we will keep the withdrawal of your request. We do not keep track of the emails your receive from us for any longer than 60 days. You thus needn’t worry that you will be receiving the same mail from us multiple times.
· Data we use to prevent fraud we keep for a very long time. Not nice, but necessary.
What are your rights?
Of course you remain in charge of your data.Would you like to have a look at your personal data for free and receive a copy? Or do you want to change your data, remove, limit the use or adapt your e-mail preferences? No problem. You can do so yourself in your MyDEX-account. Or you can notify us via mail or email. That way you can also object to the use of your data for marketing purposes or indicate that your privacy outweighs our interests. In which case we will reevaluate the situation. You wish no more cookies whatsoever? That is also something you can arrange yourself. Read in our cookiestatement how to do so.
We want to make sure that you are really you. That is why we can ask additional info to establish your identity. That is also what we do in case of unclear requests.
Questions or complaints?
For any question or complaint regarding your data and the protection of your privacy you can contact DEX nv.
Letter: Bruggesteenweg 283, 8830 Hooglede, addressing the manager.
When you are not satisfied with the way DEX treats your privacy you can contact the privacy-authority.
Who is responsible for your data?
We are DEX nv
Our VAT-identification number: BE0466.985.120
You can reach us as follows:
Phone: 051 26 01 01
Letter:: Bruggesteenweg 283, 8830 Hooglede, addressing the manager.